Thursday, December 1, 2016

Door Number Two


© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
God’s readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation’s available for everyone! We’re being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now, and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered Himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people He can be proud of, energetic in goodness. (Titus 2:11-14 MSG)



I must admit. It feels good when I am able to make healthy food choices. Not only does it nourish my physical body and gives me health, strength, energy and interest in life (whereas eating junk food slows me down, makes me sluggish and lazy), but it does my very soul good. I am proud of myself for the good choice I made. I t makes me smile all over to think I faced temptation and with God’s help – resisted. Conquered. I win!



I get the same delicious feeling when I extend a random act of kindness. Or any kindness really. When I am able to lift someone’s spirits, or lend a helping hand … they feel better … I feel better. It’s a win / win!



And especially now that it is Christmas time, when we’re out shopping for that perfect “surprise” gift, and cooking up family favorite recipes … all more, good giving! The happy feeling spreads. With all these good juices flowing, why would you choose to be dark and dreary? Why would you choose to be selfish and hurtful?



We’ve all heard it said time and time again. Life is all about choices. We are not bonded, bound slaves to unhappy, disgruntled, “ugly” living. No! Jesus has come and has freed us so that now, there is a better option for us to pursue. AND He will help us along the way. His gift to us. Let’s all do likewise … live a life of "giveness".






No comments:

Post a Comment