Saturday, June 4, 2016

Blessed Assurance




For no word from God will ever fail. (Luke 1:37)


Do you have a favorite bible verse? I have a new favorite one that brings strength to my faith in God. Peace and assurance too.  It’s actually a phrase that is repeated several times in Genesis 1. It starts off : And God said. The end of the passage says: And it was so. Those two little phrases are repeated six times – every day of creation.  God speaks words and it truly happens.


Now God says other things. In fact, we know in 2 Timothy 3:16 that all scripture is God-breathed. God breathed … God said.  So can I take the liberty of framing some of His other words with these two little phrases? Watch what happens.


And God said,

As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. (Joshua 1:5)

And it was so.



And God said,

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1)

And it was so.


And God said,

When Jesus saw their faith, He said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven. (Luke 5:20)

And it was so.


And God said,

(You) can do everything through Him Who gives (you) strength. (Philippians 4:13)

And it was so.


See what I mean? Plug in one of your favorite scripture verses. Are you awash with peace and assurance?


The word God speaks – truly happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment