Wednesday, July 18, 2018

What a mess!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding … (Proverbs 3:5)


My husband and I enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles together. I like the ones with lots of color and a variety of items in the picture to piece together. While he tends to lean toward the ones with a lot of the same color - blue ocean and blue sky. We are currently working on one of his puzzles. And I am trying to enjoy it. But I can get overwhelmed by all the blue pieces! What challenging work it is to find just the right shade and shape to fit!

Like many people, we begin with the edge. It isn't long before things start to connect. Make sense. But the piles of blue pieces …! While I have had some successes in getting various areas filled in, I don't think I could ever do it all on my own. It's just too big a picture for me. I am able to  participate in a share of it, I can not do it on my own.

But I DO know, this puzzle does go together and I know all the pieces will fit somewhere.

Sometimes life can feel the same way. So much going on. It can be overwhelming. How will I ever finish? I can't even find the next piece!

We can figure some things out. (like the edges)
We can even fit some of the areas in (probably by trial and error)
We can even get some areas joined together (with a little help from our friends)

But the whole big picture of life...
GOD can see it. See it all. And see it to completion.
The puzzle of life does go together.
All the pieces do fit together.

God is our constant Helper.
God can help us get started.
God can join things together.
No matter how overwhelming things look, God knows the way through.

We can't see how our lives will pan out. There are surprises all along the way. But God has His hand on every piece. In your life. In my life. In the world. We may not always be able to see it, but God still reigns over all the earth. Today. And all days. Until that very last piece is put into place. 

Thanks be to God!













No comments:

Post a Comment