Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Hungry, Thirsty, Lonely, oh my!

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved.

'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? (Matthew 25:37-38)



'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you,
  • "Cereal is on sale this week. Let's grab a couple extra boxes for the food pantry."
  • "I know going through a divorce come be really hard. Why don't you stop by on Wednesday for dinner?"
  • "Let's go out for coffee at that new donut shop. My treat!"
  • "Sorry to hear you are laid up for awhile. How about if I drop off some of my famous taco casserole?"
or thirsty and give you something to drink?

  • "I'm so glad you stopped by. How about some of fresh lemonade?"
  • "Let's hand out bottles of water during the car show tonight. It's going to be so hot out!"
  • "Free coffee - while you wait!"


When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, 
  • "It's starting to rain. Let me give you a ride to the store."
  • "You're new here? Come sit by me and I can explain things as we go along."
  • "Playing euchre is so much fun! Are you free on Wednesday nights? Would you like to join us?

or needing clothes and clothe you? 

  • "Definitely time to clean out my closet! The thrift store will even pickup!"
  • "So much yarn at the church. How about we make up some blankets and afghans and take them to the homeless shelter?"
  • "I heard the store in that strip mall nearby is having a BOGO sale. Let's go together and we can both enjoy some savings."



No comments:

Post a Comment