Thursday, March 15, 2018

Simplify?

But the Lord replied to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered and anxious about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part (that which is to her advantage) , which will not be taken away from her. (Luke 10:41-42 AMP)

The collection of bracelets on my arm have started to gain some attention. (Okay. Rightly so.) Each one reminds me of someone special in my life. They also remind me of something else. Something important. Don't worry about what other people think.

What's most important is this: What does your Father in heaven think?

I tell myself, "I'm 60 years old! It's time to simplify. It's time to live in the pure and simple joy of the Lord. And to live for the Lord alone."

I recently had a conversation with a person heading into a sticky situation. Sticky because of what we anticipate other's reactions will be. When the only thing we should be spending our time being concerned about is:

What does my Father in heaven think?

Oh, what peace we often forfeit ...

Have you, like me, sometimes got caught up in seeking the approval of others? Spinning your wheels?

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed - or indeed only one." (Luke 10:41-42)

Will I be removing these bracelets to a more "sensible" number? Not at all. Collectively, they remind me of the one thing. The one necessary thing. 

Simplify your life.
Give the Lord His proper place.
He is the Utmost.
He is the one thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment