Monday, February 26, 2018

A Trip to the Zoo

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. (Ruth 1:16)

I saw one family rushing their children through from one exhibit to the next, so they could see every animal on this trip.  Pulling on little arms, they shouted words of excitement and encouragement regarding the next place - while hardly glancing at the current one.

My family strolled where the children wanted to stroll. We lingered or left as the children lingered or left.

Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. (Ruth 1:16)

My family sat, one minute on the bench, then leaping up to the guard rail of the monkey enclosure - before sitting down again. We pointed, we talked, and laughed. Ran to the guard rail yet again. The sun was bright and warm on our faces. The breeze cool and refreshing. Simple delights.

We didn't get to see everything. We didn't get to do everything. But we sure enjoyed the place we were.

There is a lot to see in this world. I'm not going to be able to see it all. There is a lot to do in this world. I'm not going to be able to do it all. So many choices ...

That's why I think it's important to connect with God, and listen to God's voice. That's why I think He created us, each of us, to each be a part of the whole and not the whole by ourselves. Some do this. Some do that. Take time to enjoy your "this". Take time to do it well. While someone else does their "that" well. And to enjoy. Enjoy whatever the Lord leads you into seeing, tasting, doing. Simple delights have been assigned to you. Abilities have been granted.

By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people. (Exodus 13:20-22)

Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. (Ruth 1:16)
This passage is from Ruth. But I like to hear God saying it to me. And I feel pretty good when I am able to say it to Him...








No comments:

Post a Comment